Thursday, October 25, 2012

Confinement Crisis

So im at my mom's to cont on my confinement period of 44 days which feels like a life sentence at the moment. I had seen my mom's hitler ways when my sister was in confinement- often rendering the latter to tears. She wasn't allowed to eat anything!! ok fine she was allowed the basic three meals a day n a hot drink for tea n supper. But that's it!! like even her water intake was rationed coz apparently drinking too much water will make u all bloated n fat- my mom's worst nightmare. So prior to coming here I was super scared I would face the same fate coz really- food is like air to me. 3 basic meals a day is as good as the death sentence.

The lactation expert at the hospital had explained to me the needs of a breastfeeding mom and that included 6 meals a day. Including a high calorie tea time. She specifically mentioned cake- all sorts of cake. I wish my mom was there to listen to all that. But I was adamant to eat well n eat enuf coz I'm planning to bfeed my baby for as long as I can. Cut a long story short- i got my cake(s). Cheese cake, chocolate cake, white cake u name it. And cream puffs too!! My sister is all bitter and jealous coz my mom clearly loves me more since she's feeding me more.

I'm still pretty much living on 3 hours of sleep a day. Nuha has established a routine of waking up 4 times for feeding. She'll be up at 12am- 2am- 4am and 6am. What's difficult for me is getting her back to sleep after feeding. If im lucky (hardly ever) she will fall right back to sleep after being burped. But most times she will insist on being carried and coddled till she falls back to slumber- often times this will take anything between one to two hours. I cant wait for her to grow into the 'sleep-thru-the-night' stage.

That aside- I am enjoying motherhood tremendously. Nothing feels better then to feel her fat cheeks against mine and her baby mouth is just incredibly luscious i cant stop kissing them! She turned one month old 3 days and I cannot wait for my confinement period to be over in two weeks time.

On another note- We celebrated our anniversary a day after Nuha turned one! But since I couldnt go out yet we made do with takeaway from Tony Roma's instead. I cant wait to go out for real!!! One week two days to go!! weehoooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment