Thursday, January 22, 2009

papa's sick day.. :(

i was awoken at 5am this morning by the panic screams of my sister and mom. groggy and disoriented i rushed to whr the screams were coming from. imagine my horror and shock to find my father slumped unconcious on the floor of my parents bedroom. my mom had him on her lap and was calling his name over n over again. i vaguely heard sumone screaming about calling an ambulance.

in the chaos, everyone forgot the cordless phone was disconnected. in a trance, i rushed back to my room and threw everything off my bed looking for my handphone. i called 999 and while waiting to get connected went back to c my dad was still unconcious. at dat moment, i was so afraid of wat could and might happened. my mom was sobbing and my sister was panicking, the baby was crying, it was truly a nightmare. i was giving my address to the operator wen my dad came to. mom said to cancel the ambulance, that we would take him ourselves.

my mom kept asking him if he was ok, he moved his arm and muttered incoherantly for a few seconds before he asked, wat happened?? my mom explained that he fell wen he got up to turn off the alarm clock and fainted. he was quiet for a while then he looked up at all of us and asked again..wat happened? this went on for about 15 minutes in which time he repeatedly asked wat happened.

he could not remember wat happened the day before. he couldnt recall who he had dinner with, or dat he just got back from amsterdam, or dat tok is in the hospital or anything in the past few days. after a while he stood up and walked around for a bit. at this point, we were glancing at each other hoping against hope he was going to b fine. he spent the next hour trying to recall wat actually happen.

in the morning, mom took him to d hospital whr, after a brainscan, the neurologist confirmed that the reason he fell was because of his low BP. he blacked out for a second and as he was still groggy, couldnt find his balance and fell backwards right on his back, hitting his head on the floor causing him to have a concusion hence the failure to recall events of the previous day. he fell so hard it triggered our house alarm.

i just want to say how grateful and thankful i am that he is fine. he's got a bit of a fever and a raging headache but otherwise its nothing serious. alhamdulillah. not much in the mood to write fun stuff. but for some reason, he remembered that he bought me smarties at amsterdam. is it inappropriate dat i think it sweet dat he did?

p/s: the smarties sedap sgt..tp byk colouring, msia now got 'with non-artificial colours' punye which is really good for people like me who can down 3 boxes in a day. but d choc in d shell is really good..rase mcm dark choc.. i love u pa..so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment