Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Doa Selamat- dah selamat

Its  been so long since my last post. Actually im not even sure if anyone reads this blog so i got a lil discouraged to write anything anymore, plus, hubster and i started a food blog a few weeks back so ive been guilty of playing favorites- coz it more fun managing a blog as a team i guess. Hubs has been so into the blog it makes me wanna laugh sometimes. He gets so serious in everything he does- even sumthing as mundane as helping Na with her homework. He actually stands over her like a drill sergeant and makes sure she completes everything otherwise she cudnt go to bed. The girl is 3!! She knows she can get away with it when im helping her, telling me sob stories abt how her legs hurt sooooooooooooooo baddd that she just cannot do her homework. When i remind her that she doesnt need her legs to hold a pencil she gets bored and grabs her milk bottle before proceeding to lie down for some disney time. Hrmphhh so much respect she has for me!

So im now coming up to my 22nd week of pregnancy and my tummy's beginning to show a little- YEAY!! And last weekend we finally had our doa selamat naik rumah- we moved in 5 months back. My daddy in law has been bugging us to get goin with it since forever n we finally did it when he threaten to bring all his family n friends over for a surprise visit if we didnt. We ordered a whole lamb mandy from ar-rawsha which is lamb cooked in rice and 2 whole chicken mandy. Mama made some desserts and mummy made rendang and brough more food over. Super rajin me cut up some vegetables and threw a couple o sliced boiled eggs on top and called it a salad. oh n i made drinks! I was so worn and tired that i forgot to take a single picture. boohooo

We underestimated the size of our house and kept invites to a bare minimum- only aunties and uncles and immmediate family members. We ended up with a truckload of excess food that could have fed 40 more people! I packed most up in takeway containers for people to bring home- thank god mama reminded me about getting lots of disposable containers for this reason. We had the kenduri on saturday and my husband was still having mandy rice for dinner last night. Thank god he doesnt mind. The aftermath of the kenduri is still evident at our place- a million rags and kitchen cloths hanging to dry from the wet kitchen, dishes that dont belong to us are sitting on countertops and i lost my wet chopping board and yesterday i found a casserole in my rag drawer and my salad plate in my baking cabinet. A result of too many hands in the kitchen- which i am super grateful for :)

Anyhooo- do visit our new food blog and vote where you would like us to do a review next ok!

1 comment: