Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nightime entertainment

Of late, hubs have been making fun of me a lot. The reason for this is- he claims that i have been making unflattering sounds at night... in my sleep. Yes, I now snore. And according to hubs i can get pretty loud- of course i dont believe a word he says. Many a times i woke up to his chuckles of laughter in my face saying that i dont sound human. Its bad enough that he says that, but he actually compares these resonance to that of a farm animal, a cow to be exact, and not just any cow. Apparently i sound like a constipated cow. On a scale of 1 to 10, my level of offended-ness stands at about 30. One time i woke up to him playing back a recording he made of these night time serenade and asked what was he doing. Thinking that I was wide awake, he excitedly replayed it for me and expected me to join him in his joy de vivre. I gave him the death glare and promptly went back to sleep.

Come morning, I sent him this email.

Dear husband,



As of today I have decided that from now onwards, you shall be responsible for waking yourself
up in the morning. I have come to this conclusion as I was, and still am terribly offended of you
poking fun at me for making sounds in my sleep. Being compared to a farm animal in pain- does not help. You also went a step further and recorded this nocturnal sounds and even had the cheek to play it back for me- waking me from a deep slumber. So as punishment, you may now wake yourself up and be late for work every morning. I on the other hand will continue to serenade you with my lovely chords EVERY DAMN NIGHT!!


Love,
Your beautiful wife.

In my defence, it is normal for pregnant mommies to suddenly find themselves stuck with this useless ability (read here)- unless u consider scaring birds away from your window sil at night a talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment