Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mama Drama

Last weekend i had the biggest breakdown since i learnt i was pregnant. I broke down and cried like my whole life had ended. It was one of those hard cries that would leave a huge lump the size of china in your throat if u tried to stop it- and would then escape in a huge wail as u try as hard as u can to curb it. Worst still was the fact that my outburst had to happen at a hypermarket- on a weekend- at lunch time. Im embarrased to admit the reason i was reduced to this pile of blubbering mess. no hubster didnt do anything wrong- in fact he was really sweet- bewildered... bt sweet nonetheless. The thing that made me cry half a years worth of tears were none other then Laksa Johor.


Those of u on my fb list would have known of my quest on search of laksa johor. do u kno how hard it is to find it in kl!?!??! most places only serve it at bfast on a weekend. After scouring an entire mall and 5 restaurants- mom and i finally found a place in tmn tun that sold them. They were abysmal to say the least- but at least i got to taste it. However, my craving was not at all satisfied. On sunday- after reading on sat night and had a super late night meetup with hubsters friends- i dragged hubster out of bed to santai. I was told that they had one of the best laksa johor. When we got to the place i was told that they had sold out. at this point i was already tearing and we were only at our 1st restaurant. We swung by puteri and whaddaya know- they too were out. I remember La telling me JM bariani might have it so we went by giant kota damansara and was told that all they had were mee bandung. But the girl was really helpful and point me to djendela a few doors away who might have it. Sure enough they did!! I was beyond ecstatic!! I placed my order right away and waited. Hubster nasi lemak came.... and went.. and still no laksa... I asked the young girl who looked like the owners daughter and she went- yes yes its coming. After waiting a good 40 mins- bear in mind im eating for 2 and am nursing a gastric ANDD i had not eaten since morning AND it was already lunch time- I decided to walk to the counter to give them a piece of my hungry mind. Id rather not get into detail about what i said- i wasnt rude- but i wasnt nice either. After that short exchange we just left. service was really bad and i was too hungry to wait somemore.


As soon as we left the place tho, i started crying like a baby. It was then that we HADDD to bump into some people we know. He must have thought we were having a spat looking at me with my red nose and tears running down my face. I tried to stop it believe me i did. But it was having none of it. I finally dcided to tapau a wendy's burger while hubster went and had a smoke. While placing my order- mama called. I cannot hear mama's voice when im in distress. As if the water works i was trying to curb wasnt enuf, hearing mama goin all kesian on me for not getting my laksa just broke the dam... the tsunami waves came right there and then.. in front of the the guy who was takingmy order... he gaped and stared without mercy.. he must have thot sumone had died...

Later in the car the waterworks kept coming. When mama called i passed the phone to hubster coz i couldnt take another listen to mama's voice and go all hysterical again. At one point i was alternating between crazy heavy sobs and laughing out loud at my silly-ness.

Bt alhamdulillah and thank god for a johorean bestfriend!! she came home that night with 6 huge containers filled with all things laksa!!! there was enough for at least 15 people and it was sooooooooooo goodd!! as of now- i have had it a total of 7 times. Im finally satiated and satisfied!

Ive been really lucky so far to have gotten every food i craved. I wanted some rare cheeses and thank goodness for papa who went trekking in snow and storm to get them for me. Then i wanted some bakmie from jakarta and my dear abg dan was there and hand carried 5 packets for me!!

I pray there wont be anymore silly outbursts over food for the rest of my pregnancy. And I also hope my cravings stay domestic after this. preferably in the kl/ selangor region.

1 comment:

  1. Babeee there's a laksa johor near my place in danau kota... not too far away from wangsa maju. dont know if it's the best though, cos i didnt order it. give me a tinkle if u still have cravings for it ok. international betul ur cravings nih ;p

    ReplyDelete