Friday, July 30, 2010

The tale of the travelling cred card- and stupid maybank

So like EVERYONE knows malaysia has gone into crazy sale's mode. soo good for my systems. SO BAD for my bank account. if you're on my fb list, uve probably seen my shoutouts bitching about maybank- the dumbest bank ever. and this is the story of how i went from lovey dovey singing praises r/ship with my bank to non stop bitching NEVER recommending to anyone hatred.

a couple of weeks back i got a phone call from a visa mastercard centre in KL saying they needed to veify my card. i hate strangers calling to promote or persuade ppl to buy, sell, join, invest in anything. i will normally just say im driving or that i am in a meeting that will only finish at 630pm by which their ofc would have closed or i am just not interested, say thank you and hang up. so this was xactly what i did to this girl, told her i was in a meeting, thanked her, and hung up.

a few days later, she called me back.

girl- kak, hr tu saye call akak ckp akak habes meeting pukul 630. ofc dh tutup kak pukul 630. boleh saye nk verify kan account akak x sekarang?

i was in a pretty good mood that day, and i was fasting so i thought what the heck, wouldnt hurt to give this poor girl a min of my time. plus she was really polite n sweet n kindda nervous, like she was on her first week of work.

me- ok, nak verify ape?

girl- kitorg nk verify cred card akak.

me- verify for wat??

girl- kak boleh tak bacakan nombor cred card akak saye nk confirm kn ia masih di gunakan. klu ia tidak di guna kan kami nak cancel.

me- im still using my cc ok. xpayah cancel.

girl- ok saye baca kan the first 8 numbers of cred card den akak complete kan ok?

me- wat for. u dr centre, u patut nye dah ade sume tu dlm record kn?

girl- akak... tlg berkerjasama kak.. pls... *dlm nada kesian*

me- *alamak tibe2 ade kerja masuk*

girl- *proceeds to read first 8 digits of my cc number*

me- *stupidly completed it by reciting the last 8 digits*

girl- ok thank you akak. nampak nye card ini masih active ye.

me- *duh*

girl- ok skrg bole x akak baca kan cvv nmber?

me- *ok lembap. br nk catch on yg rupe nye sumtin fishy is going on* eh apasal u nk cvv nmber i?? ape company ni?? u name ape?? tunggu jap biar i call maybank n confirm. give me ur name.

girl- *voice shaking* ahhh?? name?? erm.. erm... lina..

me- lina ape?? binti??

girl- erm... muttalib...

me- u call me back in 10. i nk call maybank.

*proceeds to call maybank*

me- hi maybank, i got a call a few mins ago from this girl saying she's fr the visa mastercard centre in kl. she wanted to do some verification and was asking for my cc number. so i... *xsempat abes ckp*

maybank girl- did u give ur number?

me- yes and she asked for my cvv number but i didnt give it to her *feeling preety damn smart that i didnt*

maybank girl- *in a panicky voice* ok were going to block your card now. can you tell me ur last transaction miss?

me- but i didnt give my cvv number... can they do anything???? *heart falls into my stilettoes*

maybank girl- OH YES!!

*faints*

so that was how i lost my card.. or the use of my card... or my right arm.. u cant really tell the diff

maybank sed they were going to replace it n that i would get my card in the next 7-14 days. this was how the conversation went.

me- so i will get my card in 2 weeks? whr will u send it?

maybank idiot 1- we'll send your card either to your home or the nearest branch.

me- ok... bt can u send it my ofc? coz sumtimes xde org or ppl xdgr u ting tong n all. klu kt ofc senang.

maybank idiot 1- sorry we cant send it to ur ofc sbb policy kite xbole. if sumtin happs to ur card then we wont be held responsible.

me- oh ok. then u send to branch la. u send to damansara uptown branch in DU. ok?

maybank idiot 1- ok mam. we'll send it there. u can call back in 2 weeks time to check and see if it has arrived.

me- great! thank u!

*impatient me waits patiently for 2 weeks. all the while losing treats points when i shop or isi minyak*

2 weeks pass.

me- hi im calling to enquire about
my cc? its been 2 weeks. i want to kno if it has been sent to uptown branch so i can pick it up.

*after 2 million questions to confirm the card is indeed mine*

maybank idiot 2- hmmm... it seems your card is back at the centre.

me- what??? dh 2 minggu kott!!?!?

maybank idiot 2- well mam. the card was sent to your house and no one was there so it was sent back here.

me- *telinga berasap ttp  di controll* awak... ive been waiting 2 weeks.. n i specifically asked that the card be sent to the branch n NOT my house.  

maybank idiot 2- i understand ur frustration mam. we will send it back to the branch and it will be ready for pick up in 7-14 days.

me- *fights urge to go burn down all maybanks in malaysia*

*impatiently waits another week and half*

looses mind for 3 minutes when yuyu calls to say coach is having massive sales!!
- u tau x skrg tgh sale???!?!?!??!

*composes self and calls maybank branch*

me- hi im calling to see of my card has arrived.

maybank idiot 3- hmm... your card isnt here mam.

me- what do u mean my card isnt here?!?!?!

maybank idiot 3- let me track down your card and call u back in 10 mins mam?

*blood boiling for 30 mins and still no call back*

*calls 3 oth ppls who promised to call back n did not*

me- hello i called earlier n spoke to nazim? nizam? asha?? ramzan?? watever. whrs my cred card?!?!

maybank idiots- *locates it sumwhr or other* ok mam we'll send ur card to ur HOUSE n ull get it in 7-14 days

me- *mentally bites this idiots ear off n throws it to the dogs* I S-E-D  D-O  N-O-T  S-E-N-D  I-T T-O  T-H-E HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

ok kesimpulan nye last2 pg menara maybank n they found my card sitting kesian so lonely in CHERAS!!! poslaju CHERASS!!

i called the guy n he was puzzled how my card ended up in cheras when im staying in pj. had the cheek to sarcastically ask me how it got thr.

ask me laaa!!!

i sure know wan!! *mentally punches guy in the face*

got them to send it to poslaju pj n went by to pick it up yesterday amid the crazy traffic not to mention sesat beberapa kali n hilang the docket number so they made it xtra hard to look for the thing.

all this for a small piece of plastic....

so this is why ive been bitching non stop about maybank. their call centre ppl are so incompetant!!! HOUSE and BRANCH. seems pretty easy to differentiate the two if u ask me. sum ppl are just too bongok lah

i told my bf that if i dun get my card before the coach sales end then mayb its just not meant to be...

that i wouldnt buy anything...

but...

i got my card...

n the sales is still on...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment