Tuesday, November 23, 2010

marry we??

on a slow boring tuesday, i get an IM from jj at work, after ignoring me for most of the day coz he was busy, saying that he was craving for oyster mornay so we were goin out for dinner. i found this weird coz im the crave-er in our relationship. he wud normally just go along. he hardly ever craves anything! boring tummy he has.

the place we were going to is in wangsamaju, and in my book, anywhr more then 20 kms away from my home is practically another country. it was 8pm when he picked me up. i was so hungry by this time that i was practically gnawing on the car seat. pls bear in mind that my dinner time, at the latest is 630pm. n i hate dat hunger pang that seem to eat away at ur tummy. bt i sensed something was goin on so i kept my green eyed monster in check.

it took us only abt half an hour to get there and as we were reaching the place he took an unknown turn. i though this was weird but i reasond that he knew this area really well, mayb he's taking a short cut or somthing. he pointed out wangsa walk to me n i went 'ooooh they have a cold storage!' (i have an unhealthy addiction to supermarkets) to which he replied 'u wanna go??' i flashed him a look n sed 'hello??? do u kno wat time it is??? im so hungry i cud eat a family of elephants n u wanna go jln2 kt supermarket???!?' ok green eyed monster peeping over the wall!

he took me around n around n around. at one point i looked out the window n saw the zoo negara!! i looked at him n sed- r we lost?? it was almost 9 by now n my tummy juices were churning out acid that was burning holes in my tummy in search for food!

i kindda guessed he was gonna propose at the restaurant coz he was acting all weird so i was thinking in my mind, y d heck is he going around n around in circles?? is the staff having problem sticking the damn ring into the dessert?? is he trying to work up the courage?? watt??!

then we FINALLY arrived after my incessant bables urging him to go faster as i really needed to use the loo.

after refreshing myself, we sat down n ordered. as we were waiting for our food, he looked worried n distracted and the moment i start to talk he would zone out like he's thr but he's not really thr. get wat i mean? n im like 'hello, talk to me'.
and then!! all of a sudden the restaurant doors opened n i see my dear dear darlings frens walk in, D, la's husband, followed by La n their baby, Mari (holding up her phone the entire time recording the event) and her bf Af af. they were each carrying a pla card that read, M-A-R-R-Y. i turned n looked at him n he was holding up an M and an E, only the M was upside down so it sed MARRY WE.

den he took out the ring box. or rather, accidently threw it across the table. nervous n embarassed punye pasal. n fixed it on my finger!

i found out later the reason he took me around the tour of wangsa maju was that mari was late, and she had the placards so he had to stall while she was stuck in traffic with marry we.

our wedding is planned for next year and i pray to Allah swt all goes smoothly and as planned.

so there, that is the story of his proposal to me. and to answer his question - will you marry we? of course i sed yes. how could i say no to marrying 6 people at once!




shoving my hands in his face impatiently



marry we??

marry me?? -more like it

The usual forever unchanging cast be it for surprise parties or proposals *lufffss*
megamind and i :)


p/s: looking at these pics made me realize sumtin. i really shudnt go out in public sans make up. gross..






1 comment:

  1. such a sweet (and funny!) proposal story to remember! poor guy he mustve been nervous as hell sampai he accidentally threw it across the table :p although it wasnt d best contained surprise, gotta give him credit for the cute effort! hehe. congrats and my prayers for your bliss leading up to the day sweets! :)

    ReplyDelete