Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tutorina

ok i know its been forever but ive been so busy with work and d stupid system that keeps on dying on us. and then theres d tuitions. and babysitting cakbina. she's at the terrible two stage so ive been pretty preoccupied trying to keep  her from burning the house down. just yesterday i got an asthma attack from laughing too hard when she wrestled me to the floor, trying to stick her finger up my nose.

its going pretty well with tuition, cept for this one student i have who's quite a pain in the butt. her younger sister, whom i also tutor is such a joy to teach. she's not the obedient kind but she doest rebel like her sister does. ill make her read her novel out loud and explain it to her later and when she gets tired, she stop and say 'teacher.... tired...!' and shove the book under my nose and go 'ur turn, now u read!' and grin. so we actually took turns reading and explaining the novel. i wud make her explain each chapter thoroughly to make her understand thestory as it unfolds. ok i actually wanted to write about her rebelious sister. they come from a broken family and are living with their mum. its sad but i have a feeling this rebelion was somewhat a result of the broken marriage. she would cancel classes almost every week. she'd text me and make up sum lame excuse. a quick call to her mom would reveal that the mum had no idea whatsoever of the daughters 'illness'. another friend of mine who teaches her accounts also has the same problem. so i have a class with her tonite.. part of me is hoping she's gonna cancel.. hehe.. but a part of me is also waiting to pounce on her of she does. oh well...

also is it mean that i bring all sorts of chocolates and treats when im teaching the nice little sister to munch on while i teach, and bring nothing for the kakak when its her turn? well in my defense, she makes this really rude 'so what' face when i teach and it takes all of my strength to keep myself from slapping her. and i thought it was gonna be a pretty and pink year coz ALL of my students are girls. but i do count my blessings that she's the only rotten apple of the lot. the rest are perfectly A ok.

I just hope all the effort will pay off like it did last year. it felt like winning the lottery when that spoiled brat, who used to fail both subjects i taught, got A's! hearing his mum screaming her thank yous made all the hair pulling, body slapping, (yes i hit my students sometimes) and raised blood pressure (on my part)- worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment