Wednesday, August 25, 2010

wedding bells are ringing

they're ringing all right. it feels like everyone is getting married in the near future. ppl whom im close to. a number of my dearest frens are either engaged or about to be, married or soon to be or already have a baby!

a few months back my fav cousin announced she was getting engaged. naturally i was thrilled for her. i was her maid in waiting at her engagement and i will be her maid of honour at her wedding not too long from now.

i was excited looking for stuff for her hantaran n suggesting this and that, till it hit me that my fav cousin was getting married... the one i always hang out with when i balik kampung... the one who takes me around to eat like thrs no tomorrow.. the one i confide it.. n now shes getting married.. then i realised that all my cousins from my moms side who's around my age are married. save for one who's getting engaged at the end o d year... and me

im a planner. and for as long as i can remember ive planned to be married by the time i hit 25. but after a failed engagement i did have certain qualms about getting into another serious relationship. but after a lot of some thinking, crying, fighting, and getting to kno him i realised what an honest person he is, and truth be told, that honesty was a lifeline for me. it made me trust again. with him it is a 'what u see is what u get' situation. he can be bluntly honest at times and initially i was taken aback many times, but after a while it grew on me. and i started to see the humour in it. n he is the funniest thing ever! he says d weirdest things and means sumtin else. n he'd pretend he didnt hear me when i correct his grammar n words (yes yes i kno its irritating but i cant help it!). and he makes me laugh so hard.

eg. he'd say 'nice doing pleasure with you' when what he really wanted to say is 'its a pleasure doing business with u'

pastu marah org laugh. its not that i wanna laugh, but i just have too!! for the sake of my sanity!!

so my point is, it doesnt bother me so much that im missing my 25th year wedding plans. because i kno i have sumone who makes it worth it.

as for my wedding bells... i do hear its ringing... faintly.... but surely


7 comments:

  1. awak kahwin je janna! Jgn tunggu lama2, kalau blh takpayah tunang, terus kahwin, sbb awak pon tau tunang ni byk dugaan kan? Kite doakan awak nikah hujung tahun ni eh?? All the best! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww.. i super loike this post! U lucky thang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe~ betul betul betul.. kawen je janna! i'm married!! haha~ thanks 4 coming btw ;) i xtunang pn, after mrisik je then trus plan for the wedding :) malas nak tunang sbb dah kenal lama kot. xmo dugaan blipat ganda :p tho dlm preparation nk kawen tu pun, hanya DIA je yg tau hati ini. hehe~ but, Alhamdulillah everything went well ;)

    kawen janna!! join the club yukkk!! ;) amiiinn~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. go for marriage, coz its forever. Wedding only last a day... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nak kawin
    alhamdulillah
    i just got married in july
    your writing is interesting and I am bookmarking this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nooooo Janna.. den il be alone in this CLUB of singlehood... ahahaha DRAMA kan... but yeah man.. go for it!! kawin n have anak cepat2 den we can have tea time together or go to the market together... hehhee..

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank u girls! for the wishes n evrything else. aminnnn!

    ReplyDelete