Thursday, September 29, 2011

Brush with the law

Last weekend, i was driving alone in my car, my mind fully occupied with all things wedding. I absentmindedly picked up my phone n speed dialed my fiancee to remind him of things we needed to settle and ok fine im no angel- i actually do that ALL THE TIME!! eleh i know u guys do the same! who doesnt talk on the phone while driving!?!? in my defence- i did buy a handsfree kit! but it didnt work! i never bothered to get it checked or get a new one coz i was plain lazy.

as i was driving, a huge white crv passed me by and i saw the 'polis' logo 2 seconds too late. the officer was pointing me out to his collegue n they slowed down in front of me on a busy busy road with no curb. so we were basically stopped on a busy road- blocking off an entire lane- im sorry people of pj!! 

mighty embarrasing it was- but i was more scared out of my wits then i was embarrassed of course! the more senior looking officer came up to my window n i immediately passed him my license n id. he was being all officerly and was totally judging me. i did what i had too.. i went all innocent mengade gedik like if i werent desperate i would hit myself.

police man- awk tau awk buat salah ape?

me:  tauuu... im sorryyy...

police man: jalan ni busy,.. skrg ni by accident sbb ckp tepon ni...

me: im sorry pakcik... sy salah... tp sy promise sy x buat dah!! promiseee!!

policeman glances at passanger seat n notices my stack of wedding invites

me: sy nk kawen bulan dpn... jgn la saman saye.... *makes a face my cat would scratch if he sees*

police man: ape kene mengene kawen ngn ckp tepon!?

me: *shocked my face tactic didnt work??* mayb its broken...

police man: hah! awk ni nk kawen darah manis ni. jgn bwk mcm ni.. hrmmm... dah... nx time b careful.. jgn ckp tepon sambile drive.. ok jalan.

me: *i still got it!! its not brokenn!! thank u goddddd- and policeman* -thank u pakcik!!! byee :)

ok truth be told.. this is the 4th time i have been stopped for talking on the phone while driving. n i am so thankful that so far my pathetic facial expression has helped me get out of those sticky situations. gets better with practice i reckon. but in all seriousness- i will TRY to cut down on yakking or fb-ing on my phone while driving. stop calling me when im driving plsss!! im trying to b all strong n disciplined and a blinking ringing phone really doesnt help.

have a lovely thursday beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment