Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Guess What!?!?



Over the past month i have been having sharp pains in my lower abdomen. It got really bad a couple of times but i always put it down to my menses coming. It wasnt until last week that i decided that the pain was getting to be too much to bear, and made an appointment with my gynea. Both hubster and i were convinced it was again the annoying ovarian cyst that ive had removed twice.

After the normal questions by the nurse about my menses cycle and what hurts where and when, she asked when was my last period. After some calculating, she said i was 8 days late and demanded i pee on a stick. I have to say, the thought of pregnancy had crossed my mind numerous times, but after being let down a couple of times- i was afraid to even hope for it. ok fine... every month when my period comes i cry! hubster will make a harmless comment about something and the waterworks will start..

So after i did the test i didnt get to see it coz the nurse scuttled over to the doctors ofc whr we were called upon. When we got in- the doctor said, i may have some good news for you... but i just want to be sure.. do u mind lying down for a bit. at this point i was again- almost crying. Seriously la- im so emotional nowadays its scary!

He poked and prodded the ultrasound thingy and proclaimed- Yes yes! you are definitely pregnant!!. At this point i was grinning like a monkey and looked over to hubster who had a similar chimp like look on his bobbing head. SO SO HAPPY!!! Alhamdulillah :)

So as per today. I am 5 weeks pregnant. My baby is about the size of a pea and i dont do housework anymore. Also- yesterday's visit to the gynea confirmed that my pregnancy is gonna be a painful one. Apparently, due to the numerous surgeries that ive had- my intestine and uterus are now stuck together. So as my baby grows, my intestine will stretch along with it. That explains the pain ive been feeling for many many years now..

But as for now- both hubster and i are ecstatic!! I do feel nauseous now and again but there has not been any vomiting so far. Hopefully there will be none coz i hate puking. Here's to a peaceful pain- free pregnancy!! insyaAllah :)

3 comments:

  1. YEAYYYYY! Happy for u :))

    when you go through bumpy roads during the pregnancy, just focus on the infinite amount of happiness the lil one will bring into your lives :)

    all the best mummy janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janaaaaa!! congrats!! :D I'm happy for u dear.. *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete