Friday, November 11, 2011

3 weeks going on forever :)

Prior to getting married, i mentally prepared myself for our life after the wedding. I tried to psyche myself up with the joy and pleasure of actually being married, of not having to be sent home after watching a late night movie, of not having my dad call me evry 5 mins if im out past 1030!- then i would feel down when i think of having to mop floors and do the laundry. I love to cook! love love love! but give me a mop and ill pretend to go into a coma. Ask me to fold clothes and its like ur talking to a wall! and id rather walk around wearing an ugly top if kak wani isnt around to iron a pretty one. ironing gives me rash.

but being married brings with it a truckload of responsibilities. in the 3 weeks that we have been married, i have quite enjoyed my quiet time folding clothes while scolding the kardashians out loud for being rude to their mom. and i have learnt to turn on the hot jug as soon as im up coz my husband needs coffee first thing in the morning- and i have learned how to make coffee :) at least i think i have.

Being married means 2 heads in everything. We have our fare share of head butts where i think my way of washing dishes is better then his. n he tells me i should let him run the washing machine coz my way of dumping everything in is just ridiculous. i tell him well y not go the whole 9 yards n hang n fold them while ur at it! my point is- being married is not simply moving in togather. there is so much to consider and so much to tolerate. i guess it would be different if we were staying with our parents. being on our own allows us to make a whole set of desicions togather- and its not always easy.

i have enjoyed being married tremendously. i especially love going to the market and going grocery shopping with hubster. we even made a weekly meal plan and shopped according to the list. but of course i went overboard and we didnt really stick to the plan. well we did- for a day :)

Were going on our first short trip tomorrow and i cannot wait. Hopefully we wont forget the camera coz i dont know where it is- he tidies up and puts things away and most times i cannot find them. so hubster- if ur reading this, do not forget the camera.

1 comment: