Thursday, November 3, 2011

Its officiall!!

And so it begins!!! my new role as a wife has been signed sealed delivered!! im officially a wife!! n it feels great!! The wedding is finally over!! i can eat again!! n sleep peacefully!! n not have emotional outbursts over stupid things like ribbon textures!! before the wedding i could hardly eat a thing! i was hungry all the time but the thought of putting food in my mouth made me nauseous. now im back to my old self of waking up at 4am with a craving for grilled cheese sandwich. but ive improved a fair bit coz yesterday i was up at 4am dreaming of stir fried veggies- chinese style. healthy?? i think so!!!

So lets talk wedding!! The day before the wedding, my bestfriend ayun slept over to assist me in EVERY way she could. That girl truly went out of her way to make my life easier in every sense of the word! she was with me from morning to chauffeur me around town to pick up cakes n chocs n cupcakes n such. then at night she slept with me (on the floor mind u) coz my bed was all made up for the wedding. she even went ahead to the hotel after the reception to send all my luggage and handbag so i wont have to carry a thing when i left for the hotel that night. SHE DID EVERYTHING!! im soooooo thankful to her n ALL my girlfriends for going out of their way to help me out. i luff u guys sooooo much!!!!

We had the akad nikah and reception on the same day so it was rather tiring. We went to the hall early morning as my make up sesh began at 8am. It was only after we arrived that i realised i had left my tudung at home. thank god for siblings!! i had my brother pick it up for me. oh btw- i had my nikah at the same hall we had our reception, dewan perdana felda. i was nervous as hell!! wen the rombongan arrived i was peeping thru the curtains upstairs to catch a glimpse of the rombongan- nearly falling off the chair in the process.

I went a bit bridezilla in those last few moments tho. my mom called me to ask my dulang girls to come down now now now!! that was how she sed it. with the urgency of someone shouting fire fire fire!!! so i naturally panicked n asked them to line up n well... i sorta shouted a wee bit... im sorry korg... but i promise i still love u all to death!!

then since my dad was performing the nikah, i had to formally annouce that i allow him to marry me off. ive seen this done at my cousins wedding and in wedding videos and it always leaves me in tears. now here i am, telling the man who raised me that i allow him to give me away. it was heartwrenching! papa, being the impatient man that he is, kept asking me to say it n thot i was having trouble remembering what to say. i was choking back tears and words just seemed to escape me! i finally managed to sputter my consent after much dabbing of the tissue :)

we were married in one breath of the lafaz nikah!! it was beautiful!! bt it was funny when he tried to kiss my forehead, he sorta grabbed my head like a ball with his giant hands and pulled me close, everybody laughed. it was a lighthearted moment we'll cherish forever.

Theres so much to write about!! ill write more about the reception when i have the time ok!!




No comments:

Post a Comment