Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 4: My parents

I actually turned on my laptop twice to write about my parents. But nothing i penned down seemed appropriate to portray the enormous respect and deep love i have for them both. So ill leave you with bits and pieces of my life to make u better understand the amazing people they are-

When i was little, my dad would pick me n my sister up and hoist us to standing position on his shoulders in the swimming pool, and throw us into the water. The last time he did this was when i was 14. He went to Tokyo shortly after- and came home in a wheel chair. *guilty*

My mom understands me better then anybody in the world. When i got into an accident (minor one- This bozo hit me on the side.) I coolly called my parents and was all composed and confident talking to them on the phone. My mom obviously panicked when she heard the word accident. When they arrived at the scene, cool composed me broke down n cried like a baby at the sight of mom who obviously also cried. Padahal the car was just slightly dented on the side n i wasnt hurt at all!!

Up till when i was in highschool, whenever we travelled overseas, papa would make me put my hands in his jacket pocket n made sure I never let go. he was afraid he might loose me in the crowd. My last trip with him, we went to south africa and argentina- i was 23, he held on to my backpack the entire time we were there. When we went to the supermarket, he wouldnt even let me be in the next isle alone. I felt like i was 3 years old again- till i heard that a huge burly steward was mugged at gunpoint and a friend of my dad's (a SA national) told us how her son was shot at random and had died.

Sometimes i feel my mom and i speak a different language that only we understand. Wen we talk- most people dont just dont get it- my dad included. We're laughing most of the time anyways. And countless times- We have been mistaken as sisters. Which kind of irks me really. And i think she looks real young- This is much easier then admitting that i look old :p

When i studied in Arau, my dad made sure i had a open ticket so i could come back anytime i wanted to- this does not include the bi weekly ticket i already had.

On the night after my reception on my husband's side- My mom called me and we both cried buckets. Reality had finally set in that i have moved out of the house i grew up in. My husband found me lying in bed crying my eyeballs out n he just held me while i cried. While my mom- who was actually at a friends house, ran to the toilet and stayed in there for a good 20 mins and came out with a nose that would have put rudolph to shame.

When my life fell apart, they were there to pick up the pieces and fight the battle for me, not alongside me, but for me. They protected me as much as they could and and cushioned the rest- and for that i am eternally grateful.

There really are a thousand more stories i can tell u why my parents are awesome. But at the end of the day it doesnt matter. Coz mere words do not do justice to the great love and respect i have for them.

My rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment