Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 10: Something you’re afraid of

Its not secret among my close family and friends that i am DEATHLY afraid of roaches. Refer to this post for a clearer picture. I will bring much embarrasment to all those around me should a situation that involves roaches arise. But please dont be too quick to judge me. A number of incidents has happened in my life that has furthur strengthen my fear of this highly disgusting and awfully despicable creature.


1. We once went to uptown (a place notoriously known for its high density of roaches) and sat next to a pleasant looking old couple who were happily enjoying their dinner. The husband was sans hair, and the wife had too much of it- think alleycats' arumugam. Halfway thru my dinner, i saw the wife abruptly stand up and was running her fingers thru her hair like she was looking for the lost Mayan gold in it. The anti roach lunatic in me told me to run, fast. And i did. I ran far away (like a psycho killer was coming after me) leaving my husband (then boyfriend) looking bewildered and wondering what the heck was the matter with me.


My instincts proved right. A giant roach had in fact gotten lost in the sea of hair and had seemed to dissipate in it. Needless to say- that was the end of our dinner. I stood 10 feet away from the hair lady and refused to come any closer, much less finish my dinner. We left 2 seconds later. Me- from utter fear. My husband- from sheer embarrassment of me.


2. Another time i was with my family- again at uptown (i dont know why i keep going back!).The whole family were enjoying dinner when I noticed the kids at the next table staring at sumthing under our table. Being paranoid i practically shouted out - Whattt!!!??? They mumbled something and i asked again- whattt?? what what whatttt?!?!! (at this point i had thrown my handbag and was ready to sprint) the girl pointed to sumtin under the table and went (i will nvr forget the tone of fear in her voice) "ada bug...." by now both mama and i had jumped up from our seat and were jumping around like monkeys trying to get the 'bug' off us. After 3 mins of this we realised the bug wasnt on us. They were still staring under our table so we asked- mana??? she went. "dekat leg diaaaaa!!" pointing to my embarrased dad's leg. He actually continued eating while the 'bug' walked up n down his leg coz he was so malu of the commotion mama and i made. hello. lipas tu big ok. gross!!


So u see folks. All the incidents i mentioned (ok there is SOOOOOOOO more then 2!- i forget) have morphed my fear of roaches. I hope when we move into our new house next month, we wont have any untoward incidents involving them. *prays super hard*

* I thought of putting up a pic of a roach here but decided otherwise. My blog might die of fear if i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment