Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 8: A place you’ve travelled to.

I have always loved travelling. Be it to far flung places, or just a trip back to my kampung. I didnt mind the long journeys, I even loved it back then- the long drives and long haul flights. Till our roads got so accident prone, and I got old enough to realise that long flights dries my skin out, makes my hair go flat, and sleeping on na airplane seat for 15 hours leaves me feeling like a 90 year old.


Despite all these- I still liked travelling. Last weekend hubster and I took a drive to Penang. We agreed that the drive was tiring. But we both enjoyed the trip tremendously. We ate so much nasi kandar- and still craved more the moment we were back in KL- gluttons we are



From all my travels, I have concluded that my most favourite place in the whole wide world- outside Malaysia is London and Cape town. I love London because it reminds me of family, friends and shopping. It gives me a sense of peace. I go for walks in the park every morning that im there at 730 sharp. I bring a bag of nuts with me and feed the squirels. I went there so often, the policemen who patrol the park remembers me and would cheerfuly greet me every morning.




Cape Town is just beautiful. Despite the horrific crime rate, I fell in love with the beautiful landscape and gorgeous coastlines. I really wish it could be a safer place. Contrary to popular belief that all of Africa is a hot desert- it actually is cold in South Africa in the last few months of the year, and its pretty cool there the rest of the year. And it really is a beautiful place. Not so much shopping to be done- but def worth going.




1 comment:

  1. love the posts... keep em coming! My Best Friend's Wedding one of my favourites too.. prolly movie that ive watched the most in my whole life.

    ReplyDelete